18th January 2018, 5 pm to 6 pm.
Genetic Counselling: An Indispensable Step in Genetic Testing
Genetic Counselling is a professional approach to assess a patient’s or a couple’s genetic health, and the risk of passing on the disorder to the next generation. It takes into account their family, medical, and/or pregnancy history to advise them on the nature, outcomes, and probability of developing or transmitting the inherited disorders.
As the field of medicine becomes more complex through the growing use of genomic data, the need for genetic counselling is bound to increase. In the clinic post test genetic counselling can augment the role of the physician by helping patients interpret results and put them in the right context. Counselling helps to understand not only positive results, but also negative or ambiguous results, and to provide psychosocial support.
Dr. Sheetal Sharda
Senior Consultant in Clinical Genetics, MedGenome Labs Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Madhvilatha GK
Assistant Scientist, MedGenome Labs Pvt. Ltd.
Carrier Screening Test, Thursday, 9th November 2017, Time : 5 PM
A Webinar on Carrier Screening Test
Join Dr. Sheetal Sharda, Senior Consultant in Clinical Genomics, MedGenome Labs as she highlights:
- Clinical conditions for offering Carrier Screening Test to families with case-based scenarios
- The flaws of genotype and why NGS is a better method
- Leveraging of the Indian genetic variant database to screen for genetic variations and diseases that are specific to the Indian population
- The benefits and limitations of the test
Free Live Webinar on 20th September 2017, 5 pm to 6 pm
MedGenome Claria welcomes you to our exclusive webinar on "Antenatal screening for severe microdeletion syndromes by NIPT."
Non-Invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) has altered the landscape of prenatal chromosomal screening with robust results compared to traditional protocols. Recently, NIPT has expanded its scope to include sub-chromosomal anomaly tests like the 22q11.2 deletion syndrome, Angleman syndrome, Prader-Will, syndrome 1p36 and Cri-du-chat syndrome.
Join us on this webinar where we discuss a microdeletion clinical study as well as relevance of testing during prenatal period.
Free Live Webinar on 18th August 2017, 4 to 5 pm
MedGenome Claria welcomes you to our exclusive webinar on "The Role of Preimplantation Genetic Screening/Diagnosis (PGS/D) in IVF."
In short, the webinar will cover:
- The techniques of PGS/D and their role in IVF pregnancies
- The benefits of carrying out PGS and PGD will be discussed
- How to select the best possible embryos for implantation
- Understanding the impact of mosaic aneuploidy on implantation success rates
Dr. Sheetal Sharda
Dr. Priya Kadam
Program Director, NIPT, Medgenome
Dr. Sam Balu
Manager - Scientific Affairs (PGS/PGD)